Inventory markets rose to historic highs once more this week – In a holiday-shortened week shares continued to climb. Extra information on the vaccine entrance signifies that approval to start widespread vaccinations is simply weeks away. The Dow Jones Industrial Common is up virtually 13% for the month. Ought to it not see a decline on Monday it is going to mark the Dow’s finest month in over 30 years. On Tuesday it climbed to over 30,000 for the primary time.
- The Dow closed the week at 29,910.37, up 2.2% from 29,293.48 final week. It’s up 4.8% year-to-date.
- The S&P 500 closed the week at 3,638.35, up 0.8% from 3,557.54 final week. It’s up 10.1% year-to-date.
- The NASDAQ closed the week at 12,205.85, up 3.0% from 11,854.97 final week. It’s up 36% yr-to-date.
U.S. Treasury bond yields – The ten-year treasury bond closed the week yielding 0.84% virtually unchanged from 0.83% final week. The 30-year treasury bond yield ended the week at 1.57%, up barely from 1.53% final week. We watch bond yields as a result of mortgage charges typically observe treasury bond yields.
Mortgage charges – The November 25, 2020, Freddie Mac Main Mortgage Survey reported mortgage charges for the preferred mortgage merchandise as follows:
- The 30-year mounted mortgage fee common was 2.72%, unchanged from 2.72% final week.
- The 15-year mounted was 2.28%, unchanged from 2.28% final week.
- The 5-year ARM was 3.18%, up from 2.85% final week.
U.S. Current-home gross sales proceed to spike in October – The Nationwide Affiliation of Realtors reported that current residence gross sales in October rose 4.3% month-over-month from September and rose 26.6% year-over-year from the variety of properties offered in October 2019. The median worth paid for a house elevated by 15.5% from one yr in the past. That marked the 104th straight month of year-over-year will increase within the median worth. The stock stage in america was 1.42 million properties, a 2.5-month provide. That’s a file low. There was a 2.7-month provide final month and a 3.9-month provide in October 2019.
I hope you had a really blissful Thanksgiving and I want you an pleasing vacation weekend.